Hi Peter,

If you only want to build a static site (ie. just HTML, CSS, JS etc; no
server-side scripting) then you don't need to install and configure
something like Apache to test it out. You could just open the files you're
working on straight from the disk. Or if you want to test with server you
can use one of the super simple servers designed for testing. There is one
built in to Python. Simply run "python -m http.server" in your project
directory.

You could also consider using a static site builder like Hugo or Jekyll
which can build your site using templates. These have their own test
servers built in.

-- George