Hi,

I'm trying to set up SAN multipathing via dm-multipath for the first time in about a decade.

I am seeing the test LUNs (1 x 10 GB and 1 x 100 GB) twice on my relatively recent (<60 days out of date) Gentoo system. But I'm not able to get multipath to see anything.

Before I go too deep I was curious what the current state on Fibre Channel multi-path LUNs is in Linux, specifically Gentoo Linux.

The last time I did this was RHEL / CentOS 6.x, probably more than a decade ago.

I don't use FibreChannel myself (can't justify the cost).
But with SAS drives with dual expanders and 2 HBAs, I do get multipath to work.
The OS sees every drive 4 times (2 HBAs, each 2 paths to every drive).
On top of this, I run multipath with the default configuration and use the corresponding /dev/mapper/... entries.
I NEVER use the any of the other entries in the /dev/... tree.

Based on that, do you see the fibrechannel drives show up as /dev/sd... entries on your system at all?
If yes, then multipath should pick them up.
If not, I would expect you need to get them seen via all the paths first.

--
Joost