On 11/19/05, sempsteen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I've changed my CFLAGS settings and merged ccache for later works. Now i'm
> updating my system with "emerge -e world". During merge i realize that
> ccache is adjusting permissions for 4 times per package; before merge,
> before unmerge of existing packages, after unmerge and after merge. It's
> something like this:
>
>  --- !targe sym /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so
>  * Adjusting permissions on ccache in /root/.ccache
>  >>> original instance of package unmerged safely.

First, there is no need to post your message multiple times.  Gmail
doesn't show your own postings to mailing lists, so you will not see
your message until someone resonds.  Also, you should only post in
plain text...no HTML/Rich formatting.

The Adjusting permissions is done in /usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py.
Basically, it makes sure that the ccache directory is owned by
root:portage, and is group writable.  If you use userpriv, it does the
same thing, but for owner portage:portage.

Actually, there is a problem in the code in that it also looks for the
SETGUID bit, but doesn't set it.  So if you want to avoid this, you
can set the SETGUID bit with:

chmod -R 02770 /root/.ccache

-Richard