On 11/26/05, Jeff Grossman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have just realized about programs that can be installed in slots.
> Is there a way for me to find out what programs are installed in more
> than one slot on my computer?  Can I tell if a particular program in a
> slot is still needed?

"emerge --prune --pretend world" will tell you all packages that have
more than one version installed (ie. slotted).

As for finding out whether a particular version of a slotted package
is still needed or not, well, you could do:

emerge --prune <pkg>
emerge -Dv world
revdep-rebuild

But the above is a bit dangerous, and could break your system.  Be careful.

-Richard