On 12/6/05, Nagatoro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Richard Fish wrote:
> > Because it is also linking against some other library that you already
> > have installed (Qt, maybe?) that is linked against stdc++.so.5.
>
> Point well taken.
> But would I see this "link" on the actual KDE binaries (eg ldd kview) or
> would I see this if I checked the QT library that KDE links against?

You can check both.  The ldd output of a binary shows the complete
dependancy tree.  You can then check individual libraries.  The
following script should identify the 'offender':

for x in `ldd /usr/kde/3.5/bin/kview | awk '{ print $3}' | grep lib` ; do
  echo $x
  ldd $x
  read
done

Just press "enter" to move from one library to the next...

-Richard