On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 23:32 +0000, Ognjen Bezanov wrote:
> Hello, I am running a emerge -u world and there is a package
> (realplayer) that keeps failing the build due to an error in package
> retrieval.
>
> My first question is why is portage trying to emerge this package as I
> do not have it installed in the first place ( I had it once a while ago,
> then it was unmerged) and my second is how tell portage not to emerge
> the package.
>
> I'm presuming that there was an error during the unmerging such that
> portage still thinks the package is installed, what can I do to fix this?
>

> Thanks.

As explained at the end of the migration guide (did not see it myself
the first time) use:

# emerge --resume --skipfirst

This will continue your last emerge but skip the first package in the
list (which is the one that failed).

realplayer is most likley pulled in as dependecy by another package,
maybe because of a specific use flag. If you have gentoolkit installed,
try

# equery depends realplayer

HTH,
Matthias