On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:19:47 -0700, Lares Moreau wrote:

> Start X, do whatever -  move to place more condusive to haveing an
> external mouse, as opposed to my track pad,  Plug in the USB mouse, and
> Have it work without haveing to restart X.

This works for me:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "X.org Configured"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Trackpad" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "USBMouse" "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Trackpad"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Resolution" "64"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "USBMouse"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mouse2"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Resolution" "64"
EndSection

The trackpad works always, the mouse works when it is plugged in, even
after starting X.

--
Neil Bothwick

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.