On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 22:01:51 +0000, Mick wrote:

> So, if I want to mount NTFS partitions by different users what am I
> supposed to do?  Pile up the uid Nos?  There must be a better way.

There is, set a suitable umask value. By default, NTFS partitions are
mounted readable only by the user that mounted them. Setting umask=222
makes them readable by everyone, but still writable by no-one (although
NTFS is usually mounted ro so this makes little difference). See the NTFS
section of man mount.

--
Neil Bothwick

Happiness is merely the remission of pain.