On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 18:42:09 -0600
Michael Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As I said, I tried setting up the evilwm stuff from the MythTV section
> on the Gentoo wiki.  I ran kdm and selected "Custom" and logged in as my
> test user.  The screen cleared and then it spit me back out at the kdm
> login screen.  I looked at /var/log/kdm.log and everything looks normal
> to me:

You didn't do anything wrong.  And I'm not sure why it's kicking you back out.
 In
my case, I run XDM and use Enlightenment as the window manager.  With both
being defined in /etc/rc.conf.

Mythfrontend does run fine with that combo.

One thing I note is the backend is still telling you that mythsetup hasn't been
run to
attach a channel to the port and to the rest of the setup.  That step is not
detailed in
the wiki.  You need to assign the those via mythsetup, before running the front
end

Surf to - http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html and scroll down to jusr
passed the STOP sign, and work through - Mythtv-setup.

Bob
-