Thanks, Mark, for the info.  Sounds like I need to avoid ATI <G>.  I'm in a
position where I have a motherboard that doesn't support SATA so I can either
go IDE or SATA and going SATA appears to be the future way.  That means I
have to add a card.

Wat the Promise used on a Linux system?

Sounds like I'll pass on Seagate - we used to say the made IDE and DOA drives
<G>.

Thanks.

--

Brett I. Holcomb