Hi Michael,
on Tuesday, 2006-01-17 at 10:53:50, you wrote:
> I had missed that!  Are you saying that if poppler has been emerged
> there's no need to re-emerge xpdf?  I didn't know that and I re-emerged
> xpdf.

I think you do, poppler is just the library.
I have another problem with poppler now though: one of my machines has
Plone and Cups installed. Cups wants poppler, Plone wants
net-zope/portaltransforms. The latter wants pdftohtml, which is blocked
by poppler. It seems to boil down to a system that cannot have Cups and
Plone installed on the same machine :( I think it would make sense to
add a USE flag to portaltransforms that removes the dependency on
pdftohtml---after all, I wouldn't use this functionality in Plone
anyway.

regards
  Matthias

--
I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0  8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665