On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:50:51 +0930
Iain Buchanan wrote:

> > The idea of source rpm's is that they contain the pristine sources from
> > the upstream authors, along with a set of patches that get applied when
> > you compile the src.rpm package. So you will likely get inside the
> > src.rpm package:
>
> Of course, I stand corrected.  I think you're right - it's been a long
> time since I've been to binary or rpm world!

And long may it stay that way.

The only reason i get reminded about rpm's is when other people ask me
for help - I often say "is your distro's version of foo compiled with
support for bar?" - to which they go all glazed over, and i end up
looking at the src.rpm file for them :-)

--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>