On Tuesday 17 January 2006 23:23, Dale wrote:

> I'm open to trying something here.  I'm going to check my brothers ISP in a
> few more hours.  If it works, something fishy at my ISP.  If not, I have a
> problem here, and no clue what to do.
>
> Thanks for the help.  Keep those ideas coming.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)

OK.  I can't connect to my brothers ISP, Bell South.  I'm not sure what is the
problem.  It just times out for some reason.  So I can't test that theory
either.

On my new install, Mozilla will not open anymore either.  I did the strace
thing from the other old thread, it says a lot of stuff is missing, again.

This is on a seperate hard drive too.  I have two 80GB drives and I have the
old OS on one drive and the new OS on the other.  The only thing common
is /boot.

I did my install from the 2005.0 install CD.  I did the gcc upgrade and
upgraded everything else after a emerge sync.  Since I am on dial-up I just
copied the distfiles over to the new drive.

What is going on here?  I'm so confused.  Do I need to start over, again?
Maybe hold off on the gcc upgrade or something??

Dale
:-(