Holly Bostick wrote:

Dale schreef:
On Wednesday 18 January 2006 07:43, Dale wrote:

Well, Mozilla won't even open now.
Well, you can add the binary version of Mozilla to the "Do Not Open" list. It didn't work either.

Does anybody know if using the "ipv6" flag when you don't actually have
ipv6 available (from your ISP) might do something like this? Istr that I
had a lot of difficulties with Internet applications when I first
installed (because ipv6 is enabled by default) until I disabled it.

I'm really out of other ideas, since I can only imagine that this is a
Mozilla issue, and I can't imagine any issue that might have been caused
by a bad install (and which could be fixed by a reinstall) that would
not affect other such applications (so I have no idea what could
possibly be wrong).

Holly

I'm still awake here. I got Mozilla to work again in the OLD install. It's the binary version though. I'm going to try to send this with Mozilla mail.

I noticed that ipv6 flag and I can only guess that it is in global USE or something. Should I unset it in make.conf and do a emerge -e world, again? Old install or new one? I sort of like the old one if it were up to me. LOL

OK. I'm going to take a nap this time. I can barely stay awake. My bad typing is really kicking in too.

Thanks for the help everybody. I would really like to figure this out so we will all learn something, the hard way looks like.

Dale
:-)