On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 07:17:43 -0700, Richard Fish wrote
> Linus recommends you use KDE.
>
> http://lists.osdl.org/pipermail/desktop_architects/2005-December/000390.html
>
> -Richard
>
> --

Yup, and that's because he can't do what _he_ wants to. His complaints have
been acknowledged to some extent. I agree with him in his criticism, but I
still prefer Gnome. I lack the more advanced options, but the rest of Gnome is
still to my liking.

Personally I still believe using the DE which is best for you, is the best
choice you can make. Be it Gnome, XFCE, EDE, KDE or whatever ;)

The best DE would probably be a combination. Based on the IDs of mail
applications used in gentoo-user I think KDE is the most used DE. 55% KDE vs.
35% Gnome seems realistic to me.

Kristian Poul Herkild

--
No patents on software!