Uwe Thiem wrote:
The device hwclock connects to *is* the BIOS clock.

Uwe

Let me rephrase. A physical device has to have a software representation for software to "connect" to it. I'm trying to suggest that something is wrong with that interface. Clearly Abhay's BIOS clock doesn't jive with what the system *thinks* the hardware clock says. /etc/init.d/clock also doesn't break or give an error when he runs it (I guess). So that leaves that there is some interface giving a syntactically-correct WRONG ANSWER as to the time, at boot time.

- Mike