On Saturday 04 February 2006 03:09 am, Daniel D Jones wrote:
> I'd like to run Firefox 1.5.  The latest stable build appears to be 1.07.
> I added ww-client/mozilla-firefox ~x86 to my package.keywords file, which
> resulted in Deer Park being installed.  I don't want Deer Park, just the
> 1.5 release version.  I've considered downloading the source and manually
> installing but I'd prefer not to do something which may confuse portage at
> some point.  Thanks for any suggestions.

I think I read that Deer Park is the name for Firefox that is used
to get an GPL-type liscense - but is really Firefox.

I have several packages that I maintain 'manually' (outside of portage)
and I have experienced no portage 'confusion', i.e. Apache 2.2, mod_perl,
mysql-5.1.5-alpha, etc. I install them to /usr/local and portage
doesn't care.

--
Aloha => Beau;