On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 17:33 -0800, Ryan Tandy wrote:
> Iain Buchanan wrote:
[snip]
> > I left them as is, and compiled nsl_utf8 as a module (so I don't have to
> > restart).  When I load the module and plug in the
> > drive, /var/log/messages now shows:
> >
> > Feb  7 22:07:18 orpheus FAT: utf8 is not a recommended IO charset for
> > FAT filesystems, filesystem will be case sensitive!
> >
> > but the drive still mounts...
> >
> This is a warning, not an error.  You can use Unicode on vfat
> filesystems, but it's not recommended as vfat is not usually used in a
> case sensitive context.

So what do I do if I don't want it to be case sensitive?  If I don't
load nls_utf8, then I can't access the drive... But to access the drive
I need nls_utf8...

hmmm....
--
Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>

Never ask two questions in a business letter.  The reply will discuss
the one you are least interested, and say nothing about the other.