On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, Richard Fish wrote:
On 2/22/06, Lance Jacobs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Looking at the wordpress ebuild file, I do not see any reason for it to
have a dependency on xterm.  I'm probably missing something simple, but
I just don't see it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

wordpress depends on virtual/httpd-php, which for the current x86
profile defaults to dev-lang/php, which inherits the php5_0-sapi
eclass (or php5_1-sapi if you accept ~x86), which contains:

      xpm? ( || ( x11-libs/libXpm virtual/x11 ) )

So if you have USE=xpm, this drags in either x11-libs/libXpm or
virtual/x11, but libXpm is still hard masked.  So you end up depending
on virtual/x11, which is satisfied currently by xorg-x11-6.8, which
requires xterm.  Simple enough?? ;->

Try with USE=-xpm.

Hmm, that seems to fix it:

   [gromit ~ #] USE=-xpm emerge -uDptv wordpress
   These are the packages that I would merge, in reverse order:
   Calculating dependencies ...done!
   [ebuild  N    ] www-apps/wordpress-2.0.1  +vhosts 0 kB
   Total size of downloads: 0 kB

However, I already have

   USE="-X -gtk -gnome -qt -kde -alsa -xpm -opengl userprofiles ..."

in make.conf, so somehow this is ignoring that "-xpm".  Even adding

   www-apps/wordpress -xpm

in /etc/portage/package.use doesn't prevent the original emerge command
from trying to pull in xterm and X11.  What am I missing now?

Regards,
Lance Jacobs
[EMAIL PROTECTED]