Bo Andresen wrote:
> On Friday 24 February 2006 00:04, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > Maybe try again, taking extra
> > care to avoid typos in VIDEO_CARDS="ati"?
>
> I did do that. And as stated before it won't compile without the
> VIDEO_CARDS variable in it's environment. Tried several times
> with both ati and radeon..

I've emerged the latest version of portage (2.1_pre4-r1), put
VIDEO_CARDS="ati" in /etc/make.conf, have no "video_cards_..." set
in the USE flags, and have emerged x11-drm.  It does produce a
radeon module (and a drm.ko, r128.ko, and mach64.ko besides).

What version of portage are you using that this isn't working for
you?

Benno