hai,

   it worked for me, but since it a root's directory i dont any one to view the content on the folder.

is there any other way to solve the problen.

On 3/8/06, Tom Haddon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I had the same problem on Ubuntu. Just issue chmod 755 /home/<username>.
This isn't recursive and doesn't mean everyone can execute anything in
your home directory - the execute bit only means traverse in reference
to directories, so you should be okay.

Thanks, Tom

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 14:14 +0530, c.s.prakash wrote:
> hai
>
> when i login to root account thru gnome it shows an error massage
> ".dmrc file permission erro
> it should be 644 and owned by the user"
>
> but when i login to other accounts it does not show the error
> and while login to IceWM as root.
>
> i saw the file permission its also correct. how can solve this
>
> --
> C.S.Prakash

Tom Haddon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Don't tell any big lies today.  Small ones can be just as effective.