Daniel da Veiga wrote:

On 3/8/06, jerry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I did an emerge sync a few days ago. If I run emerge -s gentoo- sources
I get:

sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
     Latest version available: 2.4.31-r1
     Latest version installed: 2.6.14-r2
     Size of downloaded files: 31,219 kB
     Homepage:    http://www.kernel.org/ http://www.gentoo.org/
2.4 kernel tree
     License:     GPL-2

sys-kernel/vanilla-sources
     Latest version available: 2.6.15.1
     Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
     Size of downloaded files: 38,905 kB
     Homepage:    http://www.kernel.org
     License:     GPL-2

Do I have to switch to vanilla-sources now to get the latest kernel?
Won't I lose some newer features if I use 2.4.31-r1?

If I understand the above output correctly I have already installed the
gentoo-sources kernel, but now they have moved back to the 2.4 series.
Where can I find out what is going on?

Katana katana # emerge -s gentoo-sources
Searching...
[ Results for search key : gentoo-sources ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
     Latest version available: 2.6.15-r1
     Latest version installed: 2.6.15-r1
     Size of downloaded files: 39,086 kB
     Homepage:    http://dev.gentoo.org/~dsd/genpatches
2.6 kernel tree
     License:     GPL-2

Something wrong with your search... Maybe a wrong sync? Try sync'ng again.

THanks for the quick reply. I did another emerge --sync and

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/jerry  # emerge -s gentoo-sources
Searching...
[ Results for search key : gentoo-sources ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
     Latest version available: 2.4.31-r1
     Latest version installed: 2.6.14-r2
     Size of downloaded files: 31,219 kB
     Homepage:    http://www.kernel.org/ http://www.gentoo.org/
     License:     GPL-2

While waiting for emerge --sync to finish I searched some forums for some ideas.

I have not upgraded from gcc-3.3.6 to 3.4.5. Could this cause the problem?

Jerry