TN wrote:
Jim wrote:

Can you build a kernel?  I could build a kernel for you with JFS
support and zip up the kernel image from /boot and everything under
/lib/modues.

Or see if you can use a boot CD to boot, then chroot to your JFS drive
and build your own kernel.

Jim

Jim & Kirby:
I haven't built a kernel in gentoo, but I have plenty of times on other distros (suse/debian) in the past.

thanks for your offer to build the kernel for me. I was just preparing when I've corrupted  /dev/hda2 by my own dumb fault.....I reset the machine while /dev/hda2 was still mounted. It wont mount now. gah! I havent' any time left today, so I'll leave it to tomorrow.

thanks  guys
-Trevor.

Well thanks again guys, I now have a booting gentoo system. The partition wasn't too damaged and I was able to build a jfs enabled kernel.
Now to sort out my kde probs :)

cheers
-Trevor