[Timothy A. Holmes]
At the risk of piling on opinions, I agree as well, after doing 15 or so
compiled installs, I have moved to the installer for the simple fact of
needing to speed up my deployment.  My only complaint with the compiled
installation is that it takes a lot of time, I cannot just sit down get
it going and move on to other tasks.  It is faster for me to do the
graphical install (all the effort is at the front end) and then just
turn it loose,  if I need to later, I can rework the kernel and install
that.  It may not be the ideal deployment strategy, but it appears to be
working reasonably well.

TIM