On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 03:35:49 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:

> > dev-php is on it's way out and has not been updated in some time.
> > You're likely vulnerable at this moment.
>
> Um, I must not have been clear. JFFNMS is critical. It requires php4.
> so upgrading to php5 is NOT an option, until the JFFNMS devs move
> to php5.

Yes, but you need dev-lang/php-4*, not dev-php/php-4*. Unmerge the
blockers and dev-lang/php-4* will emerge. You don't need mod_php anymore,
it is provided by the apache(2) USE flags of dev-lang/php.

If the JFFNMS ebuild explicitly depends on dev-php/php, it is broken.
file a bug and add it to /etc/portage/profile/package.provided to work
around it until it is fixed (or fix the ebuild yourself).

--
Neil Bothwick

Another casualty of applied metaphysics.