On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 22:27 +0100, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Unknown wrote:
> > X are working fine,

I use X right now, (i can xinit X windows to work or i can execute GDM,
chose "Custom session" which  is nearly same xinit, with some unknown
window manager, not gnome though)
> How do you know X is working fine?
>
> > when i GDM
>
> You mean when you start gdm?  How?  What command do you give?  What
> runlevel do you normally boot into?

I boot into normal mode(default one), get root access from console and
manually run "gdm", than log in using my current user(using custom
session, which is nearly same xinit by the way it looks), i did try root
and i did try to create new user and log in as user using "Gnome"
session - same story, nothing helped...
> > and log into PC
>
> You must already be logged in to be able to give commands...
>
> > it stops on splashscreen,
>
> It's maybe waiting for something?  Is /home mounted?

home is 100% mounted, and if i am not mistaking, wouldnt it say smth
like, "blah blah blah cant access configuration files from home
directory, so i am using defaults"?
however its not the case
> > gnome-session shows mistakes,

right now it showed smth like: "gnomeui-warning": while connecting
manager: authentication rejected, reason : none of the authentication
protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
SESSION_MANAGER=local/drjoms:/tmp/.ICE-unix/6217
> What mistakes?
mistakes may warry, but "SESSEION_MANAGER=... BLAH BLAH BLAH" is more or
less same, with exception of number(perhaps some sort of process id
number? i cant find it using pstree -p|grep $PROCESS_NUMBER)

> In short: too little info.

ok, i agree i am inexpirienced, but it looks a bit like an insult to me,
cause even though i am nooby and i didnt read rules properly and used
plain intuition, i did follow rules, i did try to locate smth on google,
i cant ask more experienced friend, cause i live in country where
ammount of people using hi speed internet is going down, no need to
explain futher, i did try to find an answere on forums, i did try irc(i
live in there, in #gentoo and in #linux chnannels) and hell no i would
sign for smth up to find an answere if it wouldnt be that bad :(
And BTW, i was adviced to ask this question in here, in casewhat - it
wasnt my decision, just i am a person who needs a help, if you can help
= please do so, critics wont help me much...
> Also, please first learn how to use a mailing list: do not answer an
> existing post when starting a new discussion.  Start instead a new
> thread by clicking the mailing list's address.

thats a good idea, i shall do that, in fact, right now
> Benno
thank you for answering