On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 15:55 -0700, Joseph wrote:
> I can mount the DVD without any problems.  I created the DVD using
> dvd-slideshow and it worked perfectly.
> I can rip VOB's from the DVD using k3b or dvdrip; works in both
> programs.
> So I can recreate the DVD but what bugs me that I can not make a backup
> to an ISO file using command line.

Have you considered this?:

dd doesn't do any sort of error checking or retrying, therefore the
first hiccup it runs into may make it stop, and that's that.

You could mount it and use mkisofs from the command line?
--
Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>

A good name lost is seldom regained.  When character is gone,
all is gone, and one of the richest jewels of life is lost forever.
                -- J. Hawes