Hi,

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:50:10 +0000 Paul Stear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> My problem now is that when I plug the disk in (it's am external USB
> disk) I get 2 icons on my kde desktop both saying 200G Media one
> is /dev/sda and the other /dev/sda1 but of course I only have 1 200G
> disk.

Probably there are still the filesystem magic bytes written in the boot
sector (first 512 bytes). I think overwriting them should do the trick,
but I'd like a second opinion on this, before I advice you to do
"dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=512 count=1" (but if there isn't any
data on that drive, then go and try this...)

-hwh