Teresa and Dale wrote:
Neil Bothwick wrote:

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:50:28 -0600, Teresa and Dale wrote:

Thanks to both.  I looked in my world file and I think I upgraded as a
oneshot so why is it upgradeing?  I did the -t option and nothing else
is coming up as pulling it in.  Strange.
gcc is part of system.

LOL  That would be a good reason huh?  Where is that file?  I'm not real
sure about upgrading this thing right now.  Oh, what the heck.  I'll
upgrade it anyway.

Thanks

Dale
:-)
Assuming it's the gcc-3.4.5-r1 update you're considering postponing, you could just:

# echo '>sys-devel/gcc-3.4.5' >> /etc/portage/package.mask

and just remove that line when you're ready to upgrade. It's a *far* better idea than trying to modify your profile.