Ryan Tandy wrote:

> Teresa and Dale wrote:
>
>> Neil Bothwick wrote:
>>
>>> gcc is part of system.
>>>

>> LOL  That would be a good reason huh?  Where is that file?  I'm not real
>> sure about upgrading this thing right now.  Oh, what the heck.  I'll
>> upgrade it anyway.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Dale
>> :-)
>>

> Assuming it's the gcc-3.4.5-r1 update you're considering postponing,
> you could just:
>
> # echo '>sys-devel/gcc-3.4.5' >> /etc/portage/package.mask
>
> and just remove that line when you're ready to upgrade.  It's a *far*
> better idea than trying to modify your profile.

I was just going to mask it or upgrade by hand till I had time to mess
with it.  I got me a new girlfriend and she has two kids.  I go from
nobody to worry about but me to me and three other people to worry
about.  Just don't have as much time as I used to have.  One boy plays
baseball and the other does cub scouts.  :/

I'll get around to it eventually.

Dale
:-)