Am Freitag, den 31.03.2006, 10:12 +0200 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> Thanks to everyone who replied (Willie, Daniel, Todor...)
>
> Just out of curiosity: how long (approximately) does it take
> to install a common gentoo-desktop (with X+KDE) on a notebook
> (pentium-m 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM)? So that I knew how much time
> to reserve for it...

I have a 1.6 GHz Pentium-M with 512 MB RAM and I find that little beast
a noch faster than my P4 2.4 desktop with 512 MB. I compiled a full
blown Gnome environment including Firefox and OpenOffice 2 in less then
a day. I didn't recognize temperature issues - every now and then the
cooler turned on for a couple of minutes and that was it.