Peter Kelly wrote:
Now, it shows that every service is [broken], but the advice to remove the broken service using rc-update -d (service) and add it in again does nothing. Everything is still [broken].

Anyone seen this, and have an idea how to fix it?

Hmm, I had this happen once to me before...every single link in /etc/runlevels was broken. System still booted though?

After re-reading your post are you saying the sym links are broken in /etc/runlevels or just in the output of rc-status?

I manually fixed every sym link by hand because I had no idea what was wrong...Now that I have more experience I still don't know how to fix it because it hasn't happened again.. ??

Good luck,
Jeremy