Thank you Michael!

So that would apply to a mouse with two buttons and the wheel that is
button also?

Sincerely,
Christopher

On 5/2/06, Michael Schreckenbauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Christopher,

Am Dienstag, 2. Mai 2006 19:50 schrieb Christopher E:
> Hello all,
> I am wondering what I need to do to get my wheel (scroll) to work
> inside of gnome?
> In my xorg I have auto as the protocal, and for the location to
> /dev/input/mice what else do I nned for geting my mouse wheel to work
> inside of Gnome?

basically you need to add:
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "Buttons"      "5"
to the Section "InputDevice" of your mouse in your xorg.conf
You can find more info about this (including special configurations for some
mice) at http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Mouse_Scrollwheel

> Thanks for your help ahead of time!
> Sincerely,
> Christopher