On 5/4/06, John Jolet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thursday 04 May 2006 13:57, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> In the last few days, connection takes a minute or so to my gentoo box.
> It used to be no longer than a namespace lookup.  It's not TCP, I think,
> because connecting to apache is fast and my web pages bet served
> as usual.
>
> What happened to sshd???

is UseDNS set to yes?  maybe that value changed, or for whatever reason your
looksup are no longer working.  sounds like a dns timeout.
--

Hmmm.  I'll look, but I did just change domain registrars.  Maybe I've got a sluggish
nameserver.  But then, why would it continue to be slow when I do it a second time --

Anyway, this gives me some stuff to look at.

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD