Mick wrote:

> On 05/05/06, Teresa and Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> This is the home edition and ping was not there before.  I just
>> reinstalled it, it crashed, I may give it another go.  Maybe this
>> install has it.
>

> The home edition also has the ping command.  Bring up the c:> prompt
> and ping your Linux box address.  Also, netstat -ano will show you
> which ip addresses your windoze box is connected to.

That was where I went and it said it was not there on the old install.
I'll try later on the new install.  Maybe, just maybe it will be there.

> On the other hand, why does it crash?  Are you sure it is an OS
> problem and not a hardware problem?  These days a properly configured
> and patched Windoze box should be pretty stable.

It had a bug, she tried to fix it and deleted something.  Boat anchor
after that.  O_O

> PS.  Block 135-139, 445 and 3389 ports to/from the Internet at the LAN
> periphery.  Otherwise, your box could get backdoored before you even
> had a chance to run any M$Windoze updates.  ;-)
> --
> Regards,
> Mick

I think most if not all my problem is the Linksys router.  I don't think
I have it set up to let the two systems connect to each other.  I'm not
sure where to even start either.  She lost the book to the thing.  I did
trial and error to get the internet working.

< sighs >

Dale
:-)