If this comes through twice, I apologize.  KMail crashed on me while I was
composing it.

On Friday 05 May 2006 08:40, "Thiago Lüttig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about '[gentoo-user] Error compiling portage after an Tcupdate':
> Hi, I'm trying compile the portage (2.0.54.1-r1) after made an tcupdate
> -t. The tcupdate seems to run ok, except the last compile of the
> portage. When i try to run emerge portage, i get this error message:

What's a tcupdate?

> gcc-config error: Could not run/locate "i586-pc-linux-gnu-gcc"
> error: command 'i586-pc-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1

You probably have an invalid gcc profile set.  Use gcc-config -l to get a
list of valid profiles then gcc-config followed by the number of the
profile you want to use.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest