On Mon, 15 May 2006 16:52:21 -0300, Daniel da Veiga wrote:

> > But why would you want to do this? If a patch level update is
> > released, there may be a good reason. I'd prefer to leave things
> > alone until an update is realsed. Then check the Changelog and mask
> > the specific version if I don't need it.

> So you can run emerge -uD world without fetching an 100MB file from
> the net and taking 7 hours to compile it?

That would only happen if you blindly ran emerge --update world with
--ask or --pretend. If you checked first, you would see the update and
be able to read the Changelog before deciding whether to mask that one
update. Running emerge --update automatically is potentially dangerous,
as is ignoring security updates. Combining the two is not something I'd
be prepared to risk.

There wouldn't be a big download anyway, not for a patch level upgrade,
unless you had cleared $DISTDIR.

--
Neil Bothwick

Bug: (n.) any program feature not yet described to the marketing
department.