Dear Gentoo Users and Dev,

I've just installed on my desktop the last gentoo-sources package ( in portage
(2.6.16-r7). It seems that the hyperthreading is unvailable since when I do :
'cat /proc/cpuinfo', I can just see a single computer.

That is really strange since I was using the previous package
(gentoo-sources-2.6.16-r6) with hyperthreading feature enabled.

To build my kernel, I use genkernel (with --menuconfig option). I keep the
same configuration as the one for gentoo-sources-2.6.16-r6, that I loaded.

In my '.config' file, I have the following options, that as I know should make
hyperthreading available. :
CONFIG_MPENTIUM4=y
and
CONFIG_SMP=y
CONFIG_NR_CPUS=2
CONFIG_SCHED_SMT=y

My CPU is a single Pentium 4 3.2GHz with HT. Hereunder is the result
of 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' with the previous kernel:
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 3
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
stepping        : 4
cpu MHz         : 3192.178
cache size      : 1024 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 5
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe constant_tsc
pni monitor ds_cpl cid xtpr
bogomips        : 6391.31

processor       : 1
[...]
bogomips        : 6384.19

Does somebody know what is wrong in my case ?

Thanks for your answer !

--
Xavier MOGHRABI - Consortium ObjectWeb
Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Phone: +33 4 76 61 52 35