That's an uncalled-for and hateful remark, besides being disingenuous.
Some of the details of masking are obscure and judging from other commentary
on this list, this is intentional.  Or at least somewhat prized by the local experts.
I do read documentation, but I have a low tolerance for intentional obscurity.

That said, I probably push myself to use a lot more software than I can reasonably
be expert in, and I don't always remember where all the documentation bits are.
I do my best, but it's not unusual for the clear bits of documentation to be hard to
find.  Sometimes this is because finding those bits requires knowing the magic
search phrase that just happens to be defined only in the bit one needs to find.

++ kevin

On 5/14/06, Hemmann, Volker Armin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sunday 14 May 2006 17:15, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> Thanks.  That worked for me.  I knew there should be something simple
> that I didn't know yet.  Sorry if my ranting annoyed anybody.

maybe you should start reading the documentation?

Everything about the different forms of masking and how to unmask are
explained there.