On Sat, 20 May 2006, Anthony E. Caudel wrote:

> >However, you'll need kdelibs to be compiled against it if you want to hear
> >sounds in kde (and I mean sounds generated by kde, not sounds from amarok...)
> >

> Not sure what you mean by this.  Should arts be installed before emerging
> kdelibs?
>
> Or something like this:  "USE=arts emerge kdelibs" (which of course pulls in
> arts)?
>
> Tony

If you have arts enabled in your use flags, portage will install arts
automatically when kdelibs, or other things that care about the use flag,
is going to be built (or just add it to package.use). It is never a good
idea to use the 'USE="blah" emerge foo' syntax, as it doesn't stick. If
you were to do a kdelibs upgrade, it would ignore arts.