Hello,

I've successfully set up Gentoo on the machine with ABIT IS7 motherboard and two SATA disks (integrated controller on ICH5 chipset, I guess). The first one is Seagate (Ch2 M. (master?) in BIOS) with WinXP, the second is Maxtor (Ch3 M. in BIOS) with Gentoo and GRUB in MBR. One problem is that I cannot boot in Windows while booting with GRUB. Here is my grub.conf:
-------------
default 0
timeout 10

title=Windows XP
rootnoverify (hd1,0)
makeactive
chainloader +1

title=Gentoo Linux 2.6.12-r6
root (hd0,0)
kernel /kernel-2.6.12-gentoo-r6 root=/dev/sdb3 irqpoll
I get only

Booting 'Windows XP'
rootnoverify (hd1,0)
makeactive
chainloader +1

and then machine hangs. So I have to set Seagate drive as a boot device in BIOS in order to boot Windows. How can I work it out? Should I install GRUB in the MBR of Windows disk? Another problem is that sometimes machine freezes or falls in kernel panic while booting Gentoo (usually on probing ATA devices). I suppose it may be due to buggy/broken hardware but it would be nice to find some solution or workaround.

Thanks in advance,
D.