Raymond Lewis Rebbeck wrote:
> On Monday, 12 June 2006 3:49, Francisco J. A. Ares wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Could anyone point me to some resource or share his/her "/etc/conf.d/net*"
>> ?
>>
>> I was using the (nowadays) old "/etc/init.d/rp-pppoe" script to
>> start/stop my adsl connection, but I did an "emerge world" without
>> looking at the messages that now the "net" script should handle all
>> possible types of connection, so now I don't know how to configure it.
>>
>> I have seen on the posts and on the foruns, but none of the presented
>> configurations has worked.  PPPoE _is_ working, thanks to "tkpppoe", but
>> I'd prefer to go back to the init script.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Francisco
>>

> Have you read /etc/conf.d/net.example?

Yes, I did, but id didn't help.  I've also read the Gentoo installation
manual, where it says that the "/etc/conf.d/net" should consist of only
2 lines, and it also didn't solved my problem - I also have
/etc/ppp/pap-secrets correctly (I think) configured.

Surely I'm missing something, but can't find what.

Thanks anyway