I was wondering what gentoo-users think and practice about kernel
modules.  Do most compile them in the kernel or load them at boot-up.

Note that I'm _NOT_ talking about those modules that have to be compiled
in such as for your filesystem. This is about the other ones.

I generally like to load them at boot-up.  One reason is that I have
heard that for suspend or hibernate to work, some modules have to be
unloaded.

On the other hand, compiling them in results in faster boot times.

So, what do gentoo-users think?

Tony
   -- Benjamin Franklin