Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
> On Thursday 22 June 2006 22:47, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > Hmm...  Does package.keywords allow to keyword specific
> > versions of a package?

Darn.  It does when using "=".  I've always thought it didn't.

> Whether it is a good idea is a different question.

Yes, it is a good idea.  Sometimes I want to install a specific
version, whether masked or not, and after that go back to tracking
stable.  Now I don't have to keep watching the package and remove
it from package.keywords when it becomes stable.

> This particular feature is covered in part 3, chapter 3.

And looking in CVS it was there already in 2004.  I must have
misread it then, or done something wrong, which made me assume "="
didn't work in package.keywords.

> It's also covered in `man portage`.

But there it doesn't say anything about = in the package.keywords
section.  It could use an extra example there.

Now off to some editing in /etc/portage/.

Benno