Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> When I start kalarm, it does not show any items.  If I add an
> item, it shows, but nothing else.

Have you tried refreshing alarms (under Actions)?  Have tried
killing all kalarm* processes and then restarting kalarm?

> However, I continue to get on-screen alerts according to the
> original calendar.

So they work, you just can't see them?  Hmm.  Interesting bug.  :)

But the new ones you create, they stay visible?  Also after a
restart?  Do you maybe have multiple kalarms running?  Multiple KDE
versions installed?

> So: my file !/.kde/share/apps/kalarm/calendar.ics is actually the
> old one. Why is a new instance of kalarm not seeing it?  What
> exactly is running in the background to give me the old alarms?

Press F1, read chapters 5 and 7.

When you make a new alarm, does it show up in the calendar.ics file?
If so, copy and old and a new vevent to two files and diff them.

Benno