On 7/2/06, Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I upgraded to the modular xorg last night.  I thought all was well till
I noticed something today.  First I noticed that when the screen saver
comes on that it takes up 100% of my CPU.  Thing is, the screen saver
doesn't work anymore.  I remerged all the nvidia stuff, kernel, glx, and
settings, then logged out of KDE and stopped xdm.  Then I unloaded the
nvidia module and ran modules-update and reloaded nvidia.  After that I
restarted xdm.  I get the nvidia white screen when it starts X so nvidia
is working but all the screen savers that use OpenGL do not work.  I
check this by right clicking the desktop and then selecting configure
desktop and clicking screensaver.  The others work though.  It don't
even work in the preview.

Did you try "eselect opengl nvidia"?

-Richard