Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 03:07:44 -0500 Roy Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Beagle is a mono application.  Mono is the open source implementation
of C# which is a derivative of java aimed specifically at windoze by M
$.

wrong. C# is a dialect one can use to create .NET programs. .NET is a
bit similar to the Java concept. But there are numerous other languages
one can use to create .NET assemblies.

Mono is an attempt to create a .NET environment for the FOSS world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mono_development_platform

-hwh
OK, C# was derived from C++, Java, and Delphi. .NET is basically a byte code interpreter similar in concept to java's virtual machine. I was wrong in not separating the C# language compiler from the .NET environment. Mono consists of both. At one time MS planned a bunch of languages for the .NET environment that could inter-operate at the byte code level. I haven't heard what happened with that (probably because I just don't care about
windoze and .NET).

Have fun,
Roy