* Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-08-18 09:42]:
> Stefan Wimmer schrieb:
>> * Benno Schulenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>   wrote on Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:00:54 +0200 :
>>> Somehow Stefan's posts get the Gentoo headers inserted somewhere in
>>> the middle, meaning that filtering on the List-Id doesn't work for
>>> his messages.  Is this caused by his user agent (slrn/0.9.8.1)
>>> composing defective messages, or by a mistake in the Gentoo mailing
>>> list handling?
>>
>>I'm afraid this is a consequence of using news.gmane.org with slrn as an
>>interface to the mailing list :-/
>>
>>I already mentioned that in gmane.discuss but did not get any answer yet :(
>>If anyone knows a solution for that I'd /love/ to hear ;-)
>>
>>PS: If the annoyance for you guys is too big I'll complain more on
>>    gmane.discuss to see if this can be reolveed ...
>
> For me, the annoyance is very big, as your post miss the List-Id
> header and becaues of that, your posts aren't properly filtered.
> That's very annoying.
>
> But somehow, I don't think that (only) gmane is "guilty". There
> HAVE to be more people out there, who use slrn and gmane. Maybe
> not on the Gentoo list, but there are so many lists, that you
> cannot be the only one.

Ok - I'm using mutt now and hopefully can avoid the annoying headers in
the body ...

I was looking a bit deeper in the case and still suspect news.gmane.org

Ok - I'm using mutt now and hopefully can avoid the annoying headers in
the body ...

I was looking a bit deeper in the case and still suspect news.gmane.org
since posts to other newsgroups like alt.os.linux.gentoo with the *same*
user agent (slrn/0.9.8.1) and the *same* settings don't move any headers
into the body.

I'll try to address that again at gmane.discuss but the responsible guys
there are not very responsive since I already made a note there and got
no reaction at all :-/

If anybody has a solution anyway let me hear please!!!

Greetz
Stefan