On Tuesday 22 August 2006 23:04, Richard Fish wrote:
> On 8/22/06, Richard Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 8/22/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Am I correct that the revdep-rebuild step is redundant if you don't
> > > need any C++ apps for the next 48 hours (assuming the emerge -e world
> > > completes successfully)?
> >
> > Yep.
>
> Oh, except that you can prune old gcc versions in that case until
> *after* the emerge -e world completes.  Just eliminating the
> revdep-rebuild step from what I posted would be bad...very bad.

Now I'm confused.. ;) Would pruning the old gcc before running emerge -e world
break anything that's isn't a C++ app? If no C++ apps are needed until
emerge -e world has completed why is it bad then? I know that running e.g.
KDE after pruning it would be... ehm.. problematic... But other than that?

--
Bo Andresen