On 9/6/06, James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What's the best install CD to use to get this k6-200MHz machine installed?
It will not be running X so maybe an older minimal CD is more friendly to old
amd K6? maybe the x86 2006.1 liveCD is not the best choice?

Suggestions are most welcome.

James

I have something that may be of help.  I did a similar install on a K6-2 500mhz  machine and the 2006.x  livecds would not work, it would hang at the same point.  Fortunately I had some older Gentoo install discs and looked through them until I found one that worked:  2004.1 r3 I think.  I'll have to look when I get home.  I did some quick searches and couldn't find any ISOs for that disc, so I can make an ISO from the disc (I think it's a minimal install cd) and get it to you somehow.

--
- Mark Shields